Friday, October 5, 2012

Baby quilt, walking, biking and binding

Here is a baby quilt that will be given to the family on Monday.

There is a place on the back where the dye smeared, but I am over it.

I went for a 2 mile walk at lunch yesterday. The leaves are starting to change a bit and I found a group of mushrooms that were pretty in the sun.


After work the weather was so nice I went for a bike ride again. I was tired so I only went 7.2 miles which took 52 minutes - again lots of uphill grades. When I got home I cut the binding for the wedding quilt after I spent a half hour looking for the fabric that I thought I put in a place where I could find it again easily.

I got an e-mail from Hancock's that they were having a fall sale. I scored a lot of music fabrics! They had the Windham Good Vibrations line on sale for $2.49 and $2.99 a half yard. I have been wanting this fabric to add to my stash. With making all the recent music themed quilts my stash was getting depleted so this was great that I got it for such a great price. Gosh, it was just last night I told myself not to buy any more fabric! Oops!

This weekend will be all about working on the wedding quilt. I do have a birthday party to go to on Sunday. I am still waiting to hear that the piano quilt has at least arrived at my future sister-in-law's desk at work. Then I will feel relief that it at least make it to Calfornia.

Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I love the African fabrics in a baby quilt!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Baby quilt is marvelous , darlin'.

glen: are u losing wt yet......